Page last updated: Monday 19 October, 12:30pm
Following the Victorian government announcement on Sunday 18 October, it is anticipated that some community sport and recreation activities may be permissible from Monday 2 November. This revised roadmap will likely permit the resumption of outdoor, non-contact sport and recreation activities only in the first instance.
Process for resuming training and activities
- A copy/link of their state/national sporting body return to sport framework/guidelines or
- A copy/link outlining permission for the resumption of recreational activities by the land manager (where the activity will be conducted off campus)
- Acknowledgement that the Club will strictly follow relevant framework/guidelines or land manager directives AND the MU Sport Framework for the Resumption of Community Sport and Recreation.
Please note that MU Sport will endeavour to respond to RTPP submissions within 72 hours. Approved RTTP's will be provided with a QR Code to capture training and activity attendances, which will assist in the event that contact tracing of participants may be required. Club COVID-19 Safety Officers will also be required to report on the safe delivery of each training or activity session.
Educating your members
Clubs should read the MU Sport Framework for the Resumption of Community Sport and Recreation carefully and ensure that all members (participants, coaches/instructors and other personnel) are informed of the University’s expectations for the resumption of club training and recreational activities.
These expectations include communicating educating strategies to all members before they are permitted to return to campus and/or off-campus training and activities:
- Masks must be worn unless members are doing any exercise or physical activity where they are out of breath or puffing e.g. running but not walking, or unless a member has a medical exemption
- Good hygiene for coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Hand washing guidance
- Keep that cough undercover
- Self-isolation (self-quarantine) for coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Advice for people at risk of coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) resources
- Watch the COVIDSafe Campus online training module