Page last updated: Wednesday 1 July, 11:30am
Following the Victorian government announcement on 30 June, the following postcodes will go into local lockdown from 11.59pm Wednesday 1 July: 3012, 3021, 3032, 3038, 3042, 3046, 3047, 3055, 3064, 3060. Club members who reside in one of these postcodes must not attend any club training sessions or recreational activities until lockdown restrictions are lifted. Clubs currently training or about to resume training, or those that are planning recreational activities should advise members of this latest government announcement and direct members residing in one of these lockdown postcodes to not attend club training or activities until restrictions are lifted.
Following the Victorian government announcement on 31 May, a number of COIVID-19 restrictions were eased to allow some indoor training, alongside outdoor training and recreational activities from 22 June.
Resuming training and activities
To resume club training or off-campus recreational activities, including being able to access associated equipment, affiliated sporting clubs MUST seek approval from MU Sport.
Before seeking approval, clubs must ensure that their:
- State/national sporting body has released a return to sport framework/guidelines or
- Off-campus recreational activities are permitted by land managers (e.g. Parks Victoria)
If you're after information on our sporting clubs, visit our Join a Club page
Process for resuming training and activities
Clubs should email Club Coordinator Tom Mullumby to seek MU Sport approval for the resumption of club training or off-campus recreational activities, and/or access to equipment and should include in their request:
- A copy/link of their state/national sporting body return to sport framework/guidelines or
- A copy/link outlining permission for the resumption of recreational activities by the land manager
- Acknowledgement that the Club will strictly follow relevant framework/guidelines or land manager directives AND the MU Sport Framework for the Resumption of Community Sport and Recreation (Stage 2).
- A completed Sport and Recreation Victorian Return to Play Plan
Educating your members
Clubs should read the MU Sport Framework for the Resumption of Community Sport and Recreation (Stage 2) carefully and ensure that all members (participants, coaches/instructors and other personnel) are informed of the University’s expectations for the resumption of club training and recreational activities.
These expectations include communicating educating strategies to all members before they are permitted to return to campus and/or off-campus training and activities:
- Good hygiene for coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Hand washing guidance
- Keep that cough undercover
- Self-isolation (self-quarantine) for coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Advice for people at risk of coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) resources
- Members to completed COVID-19 Club Member Health Check (see below)
- Watch the COVIDSafe Campus online training module