Find out more about our other Swim programs below
The Water Safety Program is a FREE aquatics education initiative available to University of Melbourne students.
The program was created for students who have not previously had the opportunity to learn to swim, lack water confidence or would like to develop survival and basic formal swimming stroke knowledge and technique.
Propulsion Swim Academy provides effective, structured and enjoyable lessons to children and adults of all ages and abilities. Their friendly, qualified and experienced instructors are passionate about helping swimmers achieve their aquatic potential and offer a number of programs, including:
- School-aged and adult learn-to-swim programs
- Recreational, Junior, State & National squad
- Private lessons
- Holiday intensive programs
- School group programs
- Specialised strength and conditioning programs
For more information, contact Propulsion Swim Academy.
To ensure an enjoyable and rewarding swimming sessions for our users, the following lap lane etiquette guidelines have been developed and will be monitored and forced by MU Sport lifeguards:
- Select a lane based on your ability and stroke/s you intend to swim during your visit
- Keep to the left of the lane
- To pass a swimmer, overtake on the right and move as promptly as possible back into the left lane after passing the swimmer to continue your lap
- If you have to move across any lanes, check both directions before moving
- When waiting at the end of the pool, move to the corner of the lane to avoid interfering with other swimmers who are continuing to swim laps and perform tumble turns. Please bring your patience along with your goggles
Six lanes are available for casual swimming. On occasion some lanes will be booked out for training, short courses, and private bookings. For more information regarding lane hire for private bookings, visit our Court & Venue Hire page.
Lane availability is below: