Thanks to the collective effort behind containing the spread of COVID-19 in Victoria, capacity limits and entry restrictions at the Beaurepaire Centre and Nona Lee Sports Centre will improved from 7 December!
- Increase capacity to 150 patrons at a time
- QR code system will be used for check IN and OUT to monitor building capacity
- Removal of pre-booking system and 45 minute workout time – stay as long as you want!
- Re-open Changerooms and communal use areas such as water fountains
- The pay-per-visit system to access the gym will remain. All direct debit and payroll deduction fitness memberships will remain indefinitely suspended until further notice. If you wish to reactivate your membership instead of paying per visit, please contact our memberships team.
THE POOL IS BACK TUESDAY 10 NOVEMBER!
The Beaurepaire Centre Pool is reopening for lap swimming!
Bookings will open 48 hours prior to each session via our online booking system, no walk-up bookings are available. Opening hours listed further down the page and here.
Due to limited spaces, casual pricing will be applied for each session (see price list further down). All memberships are currently on suspension. If you would like to reactivate your membership, please email Guest Services Coordinator Maria Barres. Please note spaces are limited and holding a membership does not guarantee a spot in a session/class.
Some key items to note for these sessions:
- There is no access to showers or change room facilities – be swim-ready on arrival
- Drinking fountains and bubblers have been turned off – if you require water during your swim session, bring your own full water bottle.
If you have any questions or require your pin, please email email@example.com and we will be able to provide this information
Please note: Bookings for pool sessions will open 48 hours prior to each session
Swim Sessions in the Beaurepaire Swimming Pool are provided for lap swimming only. The pool is an indoor 25m heated pool with 6 lanes. Please note that our qualified lifeguards will advise you which lane speed is most appropriate for you – slow, medium or fast.
As we return to providing fitness and aquatics activities on campus, a casual payment system will be implemented as an interim measure until we are able to offer a more complete range of services, programs and facilities.
Due to limited classes and spaces, casual pricing will be applied for each session. All memberships are currently on suspension. If you would like to reactivate your membership, please email Guest Services Coordinator Maria Barres. Please note spaces are limited and holding a membership does not guarantee a spot in a session/class.
CASUAL SWIM PRICES:
- Student $4.00
- Others $6.00
If you do not have a profile and pin for our online booking system, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be able to provide this information.
*To qualify for Student rates you must present your current University of Melbourne Student card on arrival.
Selected sessions in the pool will be available as FREE for University of Melbourne students.
- Tuesday - 9:00am-9:45am
- Thursday - 2:45pm-3:30pm
Students may only access one free swim per week. The normal booking process, terms and conditions apply.
If you have any questions or need to confirm your registered email, please email email@example.com and we will be able to provide this information.
- Swim sessions will run for 45 minutes
- Swim sessions are limited to one session per person per day to allow as many people in our community to access our facility
- Please arrive 5 mins prior to your allocated booking time.
- Entry will not be permitted 5 minutes later than the scheduled start time
- If you do not attend your booked timeslot – your booking privileges may be withdrawn.
- Bookings must be made online
- A maximum of 18 people per session
- You are required to vacate the pool as quickly as possible after your 45-minute session, so that social distancing protocols are observed and to enable the next session to commence
- You will be required to present your booking confirmation with your student, staff or membership card to gain entry
- You will be required to scan the QR code for access upon arrival, and to complete the mandatory health check.
- Traffic flow measures will be in place for your visit
Swim Sessions will be available during the following times:
12:00pm – 3.00pm
2.45pm – 6.30pm
The pool will be closed on Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
To make a booking to one of our classes you will need to have a profile on our system if you don’t have a profile please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to set this up for you.
- Select the 'Book a lane' button above
- Enter your email address and pin number
- Select the 'Make a Booking' link and then 'Pool Lane Hire'
- Select the session you'd like to book in to
- Complete your booking by selecting the 'Book' button, followed by the 'Pay' button
- If you have not made payment the booking will expire in 10 minutes (Student $4.00, Others $6.00)
- Once payment is made, you will receive a confirmation email with the details of your booking
If you have any questions or need to confirm your registered email, please email email@example.com and we will be able to provide this information
Patrons can cancel a booking via the online system.
Click on manage bookings and select the trash can which will delete the booking- you can do this up to 1 hour prior to the class starting.
Entry to the pool will be via the main entrance to the Beaurepaire Centre
Please be swim-ready when you arrive as change rooms and showers will be closed.
To access the pool you'll need to bring your phone (with an App to scan a QR code) and follow these instructions:
- Open your phone camera and hover over the provided QR code
- Click on the pop up to go to 'visitance.net'
- Complete the registration process including all details
- Show your completed registration to the staff member at the entry point
- Scan the code upon exit to register your exit
A staff member will be onsite to assist.
Exit of the Pool will be via the glass door on the athletics track side of the swimming pool.
Please observe all social distancing requirements. We have put a number of social distancing and cleaning measures in place to keep you safe while you are working out!
Please remember the following before your swim:
- Wear a mask when you arrive for the session
- You can only remove the mask once you are ready to enter the pool
- You are required to put your mask back on when you leave the Pool Hall
- Drinking fountains and bubblers have been turned off – if you require water during your booking, bring your own full water bottle
Follow the MU Sport staff instructions at all times
*Resumption of all activities, timelines and numbers listed below are pending Victorian Government and University approval and are subject to change*
Stage 4: Lock-down (First Step) - From 14 September
No programming available
Stage 3: Stay at Home (Second Step) - From 28 September and when 30-50 cases per day
Stage 2: Go Outside (Third Step) - From 19 October and less than 5 cases with an unknown source in the last 14 days
No programming available
Stage 1: Stay Aware (Last Step) - When no new cases for 14 days
Restricted access to indoor facilities with limited participants (up to 18 per session)
Stage 0 – COVID Normal - When thresholds are met
Further increases to participant numbers
Find out more about our other Swim programs below
The Water Safety Program is a FREE aquatics education initiative available to University of Melbourne students.
The program was created for students who have not previously had the opportunity to learn to swim, lack water confidence or would like to develop survival and basic formal swimming stroke knowledge and technique.
The program is currently suspended until further notice. For any enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Propulsion Swim Academy provides effective, structured and enjoyable lessons to children and adults of all ages and abilities. Their friendly, qualified and experienced instructors are passionate about helping swimmers achieve their aquatic potential and offer a number of programs, including:
- School-aged and adult learn-to-swim programs
- Recreational, Junior, State & National squad
- Private lessons
- Holiday intensive programs
- School group programs
- Specialised strength and conditioning programs
For more information, contact Propulsion Swim Academy.
To ensure an enjoyable and rewarding swimming sessions for our users, the following lap lane etiquette guidelines have been developed and will be monitored and forced by MU Sport lifeguards:
- Select a lane based on your ability and stroke/s you intend to swim during your visit
- Keep to the left of the lane
- To pass a swimmer, overtake on the right and move as promptly as possible back into the left lane after passing the swimmer to continue your lap
- If you have to move across any lanes, check both directions before moving
- When waiting at the end of the pool, move to the corner of the lane to avoid interfering with other swimmers who are continuing to swim laps and perform tumble turns. Please bring your patience along with your goggles