Please note that the Beaurepaire Centre swimming pool will be closed for a booking during the following times:
- Tuesday 9-10am and 2-3pm on 8/11, 15/11, 22/11, 29/11
- Wednesday 9-10am on 2/11, 9/11, 16/11, 30/11
- Thursday 9-10am and 11:30am-12:30pm on 3/11, 10/11, 24/11, 1/12
Find out more about our other Swim programs below
Grab your goggles and jump into the pool for a quick swim!
Available from Monday to Friday between 9.00am and 11.00am*
Walk-up hire only (sorry, no bookings) and available to University of Melbourne students.
*During non-teaching periods in June, July, December and January, the Pool is closed between 9:00am and 12:00pm so the Free Swim program operates from 2:00pm to 4:00pm.
The Water Safety Program is a FREE aquatics education initiative available to University of Melbourne students.
The program was created for students who have not previously had the opportunity to learn to swim, lack water confidence or would like to develop survival and basic formal swimming stroke knowledge and technique.
Propulsion Swim Academy provides effective, structured and enjoyable lessons to children and adults of all ages and abilities. Their friendly, qualified and experienced instructors are passionate about helping swimmers achieve their aquatic potential and offer a number of programs, including:
- School-aged and adult learn-to-swim programs
- Recreational, Junior, State & National squad
- Private lessons
- Holiday intensive programs
- School group programs
- Specialised strength and conditioning programs
For more information, contact Propulsion Swim Academy.
We are currently developing a Student Swim Squad program to cater for Water Safety Program Graduates right through to experienced Swimmers who are looking to stay fit and enjoy the community aspect of group squads.
To ensure an enjoyable and rewarding swimming sessions for our users, the following lap lane etiquette guidelines have been developed and will be monitored and forced by MU Sport lifeguards:
- Select a lane based on your ability and stroke/s you intend to swim during your visit
- Keep to the left of the lane
- To pass a swimmer, overtake on the right and move as promptly as possible back into the left lane after passing the swimmer to continue your lap
- If you have to move across any lanes, check both directions before moving
- When waiting at the end of the pool, move to the corner of the lane to avoid interfering with other swimmers who are continuing to swim laps and perform tumble turns. Please bring your patience along with your goggles
Six lanes are available for casual swimming. On occasion some lanes will be booked out for training, short courses, and private bookings. For more information regarding lane hire for private bookings, visit our Court & Venue Hire page.
Lane availability is below: