Grab your goggles and jump into the pool for a quick swim!
Available from Monday to Friday between 9.00am and 11.00am*
Walk-up hire only (sorry, no bookings) and available to University of Melbourne students.
*During non-teaching periods in June, July, December and January, the Pool is closed between 9:00am and 11:00am so the Free Swim program operates from 2:00pm to 4:00pm.
Propulsion Swim Academy provides effective, structured and enjoyable lessons to children and adults of all ages and abilities. Their friendly, qualified and experienced instructors are passionate about helping swimmers achieve their aquatic potential and offer a number of programs, including:
- School-aged and adult learn-to-swim programs
- Recreational, Junior, State & National squad
- Private lessons
- Holiday intensive programs
- School group programs
- Specialised strength and conditioning programs
For more information, contact Propulsion Swim Academy.
To ensure an enjoyable and rewarding swimming sessions for our users, the following lap lane etiquette guidelines have been developed and will be monitored and forced by MU Sport lifeguards:
- Select a lane based on your ability and stroke/s you intend to swim during your visit
- Keep to the left of the lane
- To pass a swimmer, overtake on the right and move as promptly as possible back into the left lane after passing the swimmer to continue your lap
- If you have to move across any lanes, check both directions before moving
- When waiting at the end of the pool, move to the corner of the lane to avoid interfering with other swimmers who are continuing to swim laps and perform tumble turns. Please bring your patience along with your goggles
Find out more about our FREE specialised aquatics education initiative tailored to students who have not previously had the opportunity to learn to swim or simply lack water confidence.Learn More
Six lanes are available for casual swimming. On occasion some lanes will be booked out for training, short courses, and private bookings. For more information regarding lane hire for private bookings, visit our Court & Venue Hire page.
Lane availability is below:
Find out more about our Swim programs through Propulsion Aquatic.