All Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students are invited to activate a complimentary Fitness Centre membership during Semester 1 & 2.
Membership will enable use of the gym, swimming pool and group fitness classes.
Activating your membership
- Please avoid the following peak periods: 12pm – 2pm and 4pm – 8pm
- Bring your UoM student card. Access to the facility will be ‘attached’ to your student card.
- We will book you in for a Facility Induction immediately. This must be completed, even if you have used other gyms in the past.
- We will provide you with access to the online booking systems for Group Fitness
- Download the Unimelb Moves app to access Training Programs, workouts, and advice from the Fitness Team
Fitness Information Session - Murrup Barak Common Room, Tuesday 1 August at 12:30PM
- MU Sport onsite talk – MU Sport Fitness staff will be onsite to provide information about the fitness facilities, services and programs that are available for Indigenous students and how easy it is to get involved!
- They will assist you in downloading the MU Sport Fitness App and show you how this can be used either at home, or in the gym!
Want to make new friends and join a team playing lunchtime or evening sport? Sports include Fustal, Netball, Volleyball, Basketball and more. Men's, Women's and Mixed competitions on offer.
MU Sport will subsidise Team entry costs for Campus Sport.
Contact Darcy Hammond at Murrup Barak for more information.
For more information on the Moondani Yalingwa program, how to get involved with sport at the University of Melbourne and the opportunities available for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, please contact Acting Leadership Manager Alex Affleck.