Group Fitness - 18-24 June
Due to restrictions and building capacity limits, MU Sport will be running an adjusted Group Fitness timetable from 18-24 June.
All Group Fitness classes are limited to 10 users from 18-24 June.
Classes can be booked by calling 8344 5405 or walking-up on the day. Online booking is NOT available.
We apologise for any inconvenience and hope to resume normal operations as soon as possible.
Due to limited access arrangements, bookings attract a casual fee for each class.
All memberships are currently on suspension. If you would like to reactivate your membership, please speak to the Guest Services team in the Nona Lee Sports Centre or Beaurepaire Centre.
PRICES: Student $8.00 Staff $12.00 Community $16.00
*To qualify for Student or Staff rates you must present your current University of Melbourne Student or Staff card on arrival.
If you do not have a profile and pin for our online booking system, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be able to provide this information.
- Classes will run for approximately 45 minutes and additional time is allowed for participants and staff to clean equipment at the conclusion of the class
- Classes are limited to one class per person per day to allow as many people in our community to access our facility
- Please arrive 5 mins prior to your allocated booking time
- Entry will not be permitted 5 minutes later than the scheduled start time
- If you do not attend your booked timeslot – your booking privileges may be withdrawn
- You are required to vacate the area as quickly as possible after your 45-minute class, so that social distancing protocols are observed and to enable the next class to commence
- You will be required to present your booking confirmation with your student card, staff card or your membership to gain entry
- You will be required to scan the QR code for access upon arrival, and to complete the mandatory health check
- Traffic flow measures will be in place for your visit
To make a booking to one of our classes you will need to have a profile on our system if you don’t have a profile you can request one here and we will set this up for you. Our staff will contact you with your log in details and pin within 2 business days. To be eligible for a student or staff rate, a student/staff card needs to be added to the Jot form.
- Select the 'Book a session' button below
- Enter your email address and pin number
- Select the 'Make a Booking' link and then 'Group Fitness Classes'
- Select the class you'd like to book in to
- Complete your booking by selecting the 'Book' button, followed by the 'Pay' button
- If you have not made payment the booking will expire in 10 minutes (Student $8.00, Staff $12.00, Community $16.00)
- Once payment is made, you will receive a confirmation email with the details of your booking
If you have any questions or need to confirm your registered email, please email email@example.com and we will be able to provide this information
If you're unable to make a class you've booked into, it can be cancelled via the online system.
- Click on 'Manage bookings' and select the trash can which will delete the booking. You can do this up to 1 hour prior to the class commencing
Entry to the Group Fitness Classes will be via the entrance of the Nona Lee Sports Centre.
To access the class you'll need to bring your phone (with an App to scan a QR code) and follow these instructions:
- Open your phone camera and hover over the provided QR code outside the entry
- Complete the registration process including all details
- Show your completed registration to the staff member at the entry point
A staff member will be onsite to assist
Please observe all social distancing requirements. We have put several social distancing and cleaning measures in place to keep you safe while you are working out!
Please remember the following before your workout:
- A full size towel is mandatory for Group Fitness classes. If you do not have a full size towel you will not be able to participate in the class. Your towel must be used as a barrier between you and any equipment that you sit, recline, or lie down on, including the floor/ground.
- In addition to a towel, we encourage you to bring your own yoga or exercise mat
Once you’ve arrived at MU Sport for your session, remember the following:
- Always follow the MU Sport staff instructions.
- Please remain in the area designated for the class.
- At the conclusion of the class you will be asked to sanitise your equipment by wiping all items that you touched with sanitiser and wipes that MU Sport will provide. MU Sport staff will supervise and assist.
Participants will not be permitted entry to a class five (5) minutes after the advertised starting times. Individual instructors may refuse entry at any time after the class has commenced. BodyPump, BodyStep, and Cycling classes are limited by equipment availability; once all equipment is allocated, the class is considered full.
If you have any physical or medical conditions that may be affected by exercise or are pregnant, please seek medical clearance from your doctor prior to participating in any class. Please inform the instructor of any medical concerns prior to class commencing.
If the forecast maximum temperature exceeds 35 degrees, some Group Fitness classes may be cancelled for health and safety reasons.
Contact the Sports Centre reception on 03 8344 5405 after 9am to confirm what classes are running on the day. Please check our website for reduced hours and classes running on University Public Holidays.
We offer a range of group fitness classes for both new and experienced members.
BODYATTACK™ is a high-energy fitness class with moves that caters for all levels. Combining athletic movements like running, lunging and jumping with strength exercises such as push-ups and squats.
BODYBALANCE is ideal for anyone and everyone, BODYBALANCE™is the yoga-based class that will improve your mind, your body and your life.
BODYPUMP is a barbell workout designed to get you lean, toned and fit.
BODYSTEP Basic stepping, just like walking up and down stairs, is at the heart of BODYSTEP™ – a full-body cardio workout to really tone your butt and thighs.
Corepower is a 30 minute class following on strengthening both the abdominals and the core. A combination of various exercises challenge your stability and switch on the vital muscles associated with core activation.
Clinical Pilates is a method of exercise designed to stretch, strengthen, and balance the body by lengthening and firming muscles.
HIIT - High Intensity Interval Training, is a training technique in which you give all-out, one hundred percent effort through quick, intense bursts of exercise, followed by short, sometimes active, recovery periods.
Pilates is a method of exercise that consists of low-impact flexibility and muscular strength and endurance movements. Pilates emphasizes proper postural alignment, core strength and muscle balance
Release and Recover using the massage ball for self-myofascial release, relaxing contracted muscles, improving blood, oxygen, and lymphatic circulation, and stimulating the stretch reflex in muscles.
RPM™ is a group indoor cycling workout where you control the intensity. It’s fun, low impact and you can burn up to 500 calories a session.
Various exercises challenge your stability and switch on the vital muscles associated with core activation.
Sprint™ is a cycle workout built on the science of high-intensity interval training (HIIT). It’s a quick and intense style of training that returns rapid results with minimal joint impact. In just 30-minutes, participants' physical and mental limits are challenged through bursts of intensity with short periods of rest. The payoff is the calorie burn for hours after stepping off the bike.
Stretch & Flex class designed to improve your overall flexibility and teach you safe and easy ways to stretch! Stretching and flexibility helps to improve results and recovery from injuries and workouts, and gives fantastic muscle tone.
STRETCH AND TONE is designed to assist with overall muscle tone, while focusing on flexibility throughout the class.
Vinyasa is a style of yoga characterised by stringing postures together so that you move from one to another, seamlessly, using breath.
Iyengar Yoga, levels 1 & 2 is a form of yoga as exercise that has an emphasis on detail, precision and alignment in the performance of yoga postures.
Yin Yoga 1
Slow-paced restorative yoga incorporating longer holds in supported poses, for a supple body and centered, calm mind. Suitable for beginners, no experience necessary.
An introductory/ beginner yoga class. No previous experience necessary.
Yoga 1 and 2
For starting beginners and students with some experience. These classes generate a understanding of yoga postures and breathing.
Designed for participants who have had previous yoga experience. Enhance your understanding of yoga and build on the foundations you already have.
A combination of yoga and pilates.
X-Train A dynamic cross fitness workout that will improve your all round strength and conditioning. The class incorporates elements of high intensity interval training, strength training and plyometrics.
Zumba combines Latin and international music with dance moves. Zumba routines incorporate interval training, alternating fast and slow rhythms, to help improve cardiovascular fitness.