Group Fitness is back!
Updated 8:00am, Monday 23 November 2020
GROUP FITNESS IS BACK!
Our classes have resumed with capacity now increased to 20 for each class!
Bookings will open 48 hours prior to each session via our online booking system, no walk-up bookings are available. See timetable for available classes.
Due to limited access arrangements, bookings attract a casual fee for each class (see price list further down). All memberships are currently on suspension. If you would like to reactivate your membership, please email Guest Services Coordinator Maria Barres. Please note spaces are limited and holding a membership does not guarantee a spot in a session/class.
Some key items to note for these sessions:
- There is no access to showers or change room facilities – so be workout ready!
- Drinking fountains and bubblers have been turned off – bring your own full water bottle.
- A full-size towel is mandatory for all group fitness classes. If you do not have a full-size towel you will not be able to participate in your booking. Your towel must be used as a barrier between you and any equipment that you sit, recline, or lie down on, including the floor/ground.
- You will be required to wipe down equipment that you have used at the end of your session. MU Sport will provide sanitizer spry and wipes. after you have used it.
If you have any questions or require your pin, please email email@example.com and we will be able to provide this information
On our return to campus we will be running a limited number of classes, conducted by fully qualified professionals. The initial offering will include both Yoga and Pilates. The program will expand in coming weeks. The classes are suitable for everyone and inclusive of all!
Monday Class Times
12.15pm – Yoga 1 and 2
Wednesday Class Times
1.15pm – Vinyasa Yoga
Thursday Class Times
12.15pm – Clinical Pilates
There are currently no classes on Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
Due to limited access arrangements, bookings attract a casual fee for each class.
All memberships are currently on suspension. If you would like to reactivate your membership, please email Guest Services Coordinator Maria Barres. Please note spaces are limited and holding a membership does not guarantee a spot in a session/class.
PRICES: Student $8.00 Staff $12.00 Community $16.00
*To qualify for Student or Staff rates you must present your current University of Melbourne Student or Staff card on arrival.
If you do not have a profile and pin for our online booking system, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be able to provide this information.
- Classes will run for approximately 45 minutes and additional time is allowed for participants and staff to clean equipment at the conclusion of the class.
- Classes are limited to one class per person per day to allow as many people in our community to access our facility
- Please arrive 5 mins prior to your allocated booking time.
- Entry will not be permitted 5 minutes later than the scheduled start time
- If you do not attend your booked timeslot – your booking privileges may be withdrawn.
- Change rooms, lockers and showers are not available for use, in accordance with the state governments guidelines
- Bookings must be made online
- A maximum of 20 people per class - updated 23/11
- You are required to vacate the area as quickly as possible after your 45-minute class, so that social distancing protocols are observed and to enable the next class to commence
- You will be required to present your booking confirmation with your student card, staff card or your membership to gain entry
- You will be required to scan the QR code for access upon arrival, and to complete the mandatory health check
- Traffic flow measures will be in place for your visit
To make a booking to one of our classes you will need to have a profile on our system if you don’t have a profile please send an email to email@example.com we will be happy to set this up for you.
- Select the 'Book a session' button below
- Enter your email address and pin number
- Select the 'Make a Booking' link and then 'Group Fitness Classes'
- Select the class you'd like to book in to
- Complete your booking by selecting the 'Book' button, followed by the 'Pay' button
- If you have not made payment the booking will expire in 10 minutes (Student $8.00, Staff $12.00, Community $16.00)
- Once payment is made, you will receive a confirmation email with the details of your booking
If you have any questions or need to confirm your registered email, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be able to provide this information
If you're unable to make a class you've booked into, it can be cancelled via the online system.
- Click on 'Manage bookings' and select the trash can which will delete the booking. You can do this up to 1 hour prior to the class commencing
Entry to the Group Fitness Classes will be via the entrance of the Nona Lee Sports Centre.
Please be class-ready when you arrive as buildings are closed and there is no access to change rooms and showers.
To access the class you'll need to bring your phone (with an App to scan a QR code) and follow these instructions:
- Open your phone camera and hover over the provided QR code
- Click on the pop up to go to 'visitance.net'
- Complete the registration process including all details
- Show your completed registration to the staff member at the entry point
- Scan the code upon exit to register your exit
A staff member will be onsite to assist
Please observe all social distancing requirements. We have put several social distancing and cleaning measures in place to keep you safe while you are working out!
Please remember the following before your workout:
- Wear a mask when you arrive for the class
- Consistent with government guidelines participants are required to wear a mask during Group Fitness classes unless they are considered high Intensity cardio.
- Drinking fountains and bubblers have been turned off – if you require water during your booking, bring your own full water bottle
- A full size towel is mandatory for Group Fitness classes. If you do not have a full size towel you will not be able to participate in the class. Your towel must be used as a barrier between you and any equipment that you sit, recline, or lie down on, including the floor/ground.
- In addition to a towel, we encourage you to bring your own yoga or exercise mat
Once you’ve arrived at MU Sport for your session, remember the following:
- Always follow the MU Sport staff instructions.
- Please remain in the area designated for the class.
- At the conclusion of the class you will be asked to sanitise your equipment by wiping all items that you touched with sanitiser and wipes that MU Sport will provide. MU Sport staff will supervise and assist.
*Resumption of all activities, timelines and numbers listed below are pending Victorian Government and University approval and are subject to change*
Stage 4: Lock-down (First Step) - From 14 September
Online classes and activities available on Staying Active
Stage 3: Stay at Home (Second Step) - From 28 September and when 30-50 cases per day
Online classes and activities available on Staying Active
Stage 2: Go Outside (Third Step) - From 19 October and less than 5 cases with an unknown source in the last 14 days
Online classes and activities available on Staying Active
Stage 1: Stay Aware (Last Step) - When no new cases for 14 days
Restricted access to indoor facilities with limited participants (up to 10 per class). Online Group Fitness classes to continue
Stage 0 – COVID Normal - When thresholds are met
Further increases to participant numbers
Participants will not be permitted entry to a class five (5) minutes after the advertised starting times. Individual instructors may refuse entry at any time after the class has commenced. BodyPump, BodyStep, and Cycling classes are limited by equipment availability; once all equipment is allocated, the class is considered full.
If you have any physical or medical conditions that may be affected by exercise or are pregnant, please seek medical clearance from your doctor prior to participating in any class. Please inform the instructor of any medical concerns prior to class commencing.
If the forecast maximum temperature exceeds 35 degrees, some Group Fitness classes may be cancelled for health and safety reasons.
Contact the Sports Centre reception on 03 8344 5405 after 9am to confirm what classes are running on the day. Please check our website for reduced hours and classes running on University Public Holidays.
We offer a range of group fitness classes for both new and experienced members.
Bodyattack® is the sports-inspired cardio workout for building strength and stamina. This high energy, interval training class combines athletic aerobic movements with strength and stabilisation exercises.
Bodybalance® is a dynamic, fitness-to-music program that leaves you feeling relaxed and renewed. It combines the best of eastern disciplines such as Yoga, Tai Chi and Pilates.
Bodypump® tones, builds and conditions lean muscle mass in all the major muscle groups by using adjustable, weight-loaded barbells to motivating music.
Bodystep® is a pre-choreographed class that concentrates on simple moves with combinations put together with inspiring music. BOOT FIT helps you find a new level of personal achievement and reach your fitness goals. You will progressively improve your strength, fitness and flexibility whilst meeting new challenges. Boot Fit is not weather dependant, and classes will run as scheduled.
Cardio Box is a boxing circuit style class that utilises boxing equipment and movements. This class requires no previous experience. Note: Cardio Box at Beaurepaire Gym is an outdoor class (weather dependant).
Corepower is a 30 minute class following on strengthening both the abdominals and the core. A combination of various exercises challenge your stability and switch on the vital muscles associated with core activation.
Corepower Strength is an extended version of Corepower class incorporating more strength based exercises.
Runs for 30 minutes.
Grit™ is an intense, 30-minute team training session that will blast all major muscle groups and take your training to the next level.
Hardcore is a challenging mobility class that is designed to help you get the most out of your gym sessions. The class incorporates the use of ab-rollers, body weight exercises, foam rollers, magic circles and thera-bands. Suitable for all fitness levels.
Work, Rest, Repeat! This 30min class uses 8 sets of 20 seconds sprint + 10 seconds rest per exercise with simple full body exercises and Ergo's. If ball slams, burpees and Airdynes are your thing this class is for you.
High Intensity Interval Training, is a training technique in which you give all-out, one hundred percent effort through quick, intense bursts of exercise, followed by short, sometimes active, recovery periods.
Pilates is a unique form of simple, yet precise, body conditioning exercises, which works to strengthen and balance the muscles of the body, focusing on core strength.
Improve the flexibility of your joints and muscles with our massage ball class. Feeling ‘loose’ and comfortable is a vital component in any fitness regime, whether you’re a newbie or a professional level athlete, it can boost the effectiveness of your workout routine.
Improve your rowing technique and efficiency while working 95% of the muscles in your body! This class utilises the C2 Rower to build your strength, power and cardiovascular fitness.
An indoor cycling routine workout where you ride to the rhythm of powerful music. Take on the terrain with your inspiring team coach who leads the pack through hills, flats, mountain peaks, time trials, and interval training. Discover your athlete within − sweat and burn to reach your endorphin high.
Various exercises challenge your stability and switch on the vital muscles associated with core activation.
Sprint™ is a cycle workout built on the science of high-intensity interval training (HIIT). It’s a quick and intense style of training that returns rapid results with minimal joint impact. In just 30-minutes, participants' physical and mental limits are challenged through bursts of intensity with short periods of rest. The payoff is the calorie burn for hours after stepping off the bike. STRETCH AND TONE is designed to assist with overall muscle tone, while focusing on flexibility throughout the class.
A style of yoga characterised by stringing posture together so that you move from one to another, seamlessly, using breath. Commonly referred to as “flow” yoga.
Yin Yoga 1
Slow-paced restorative yoga incorporating longer holds in supported poses, for a supple body and centered, calm mind. Suitable for beginners, no experience necessary.
An introductory/ beginner yoga class. No previous experience necessary.
Yoga 1 and 2
For starting beginners and students with some experience. These classes generate a understanding of yoga postures and breathing.
Designed for participants who have had previous yoga experience. Enhance your understanding of yoga and build on the foundations you already have.
A combination of yoga and pilates.
X-Train is a high intensity, resistance based class that builds your strength and fitness levels. This class uses a mixture of TRX, kettlebells, medicine balls, bands, ropes, ergos and body weight based exercises. No two classes will be the same. Suitable for all fitness levels.
Zumba® fuses hypnotic Latin rhythms and easy-to follow moves to create a one-of-a-kind fitness program that will blow you away.