Any students competing at a national or international level in any Olympic, Commonwealth Games or FISU (Summer or Winter Games, Championship & World Cup) sport or who are members of a professional players association can be supported by the University's Elite Athlete Program with academic flexibility and training environment provision. Applications for prospective 2024 student-athletes close at 5 pm on Friday 10 November 2023 and a conditional offer of support will be provided to all applicants before 13 December 2023.
Prospective 2024 student-athletes, select 'Apply Here' below to receive a conditional support offer.
Showcasing Student-Athletes with EAP Unfiltered
Misha Allinson | Triathlon | Doctor of Medicine
Sam Williamson | Swimming | Bachelor of Science
Mayuri Muralidharan | Fencing | Bachelor of Arts
Saffron Tambyrajah | Taekwondo | Bachelor of Science
Gabby Coffey | Netball | Bachelor of Arts
Sophie Ash | Skiing | Bachelor of Fine Arts and Master of Teaching
Elite Athlete Program support:
High Performance and Friends of Sport Scholarships are available to all applicants for the Elite Athlete Program and provide:
- Up to $4,000 to assist with competition and travel costs
- Physiotherapy services with on-campus practice Elite Akademy
- Professional Strength and Conditioning coaching and programming
- 12 month Aquatic and Fitness Centre membership
There is also a range of specific Sports Scholarships (listed below) that have independent application processes:
- Jopling Family Rowing Scholarship
- Andrew and Geraldine Buxton Athletics Scholarship
- John Hall Rowing Scholarship
- Rugby Young Achiever Award
The University of Melbourne's Elite Athlete Program is designed to:
- Assist elite and emerging student-athletes with a designated entry scheme
- Support elite and emerging athletes in achieving academic success and vocational transition
- Develop University of Melbourne Sporting clubs through the support of elite and emerging athletes
- Instil student-athletes with a life-long affinity to the University community
- Develop leaders and role models in sport, business and the community
The Elite Athlete Program operates by:
- Recognising elite student-athletes and supporting them with flexible study assistance through Elite Athlete Recognition
- Supporting elite and emerging student-athletes with a range of financial and in-kind support
- The University of Melbourne being a member of the Australian Institute of Sport's Elite Athlete Education Network.
Elite Athlete Program Support
The Elite Athlete Program provides elite and emerging student-athletes with in-kind support to assist them to reach their potential whilst studying at the University of Melbourne.
Supported student-athletes undertake to represent the University of Melbourne at appropriate inter-varsity championships or events and the relevant University of Melbourne Club (where a suitable level is available) during the term of their support.
The University encourages international, national and state representation in sports and artistic performance and recognises the positive alignment that elite training and participation has to the University’s academic mission.
This Entry Scheme provides a conditional entry offer to students assessed as elite athletes who intend to study at the University of Melbourne.
Full details, including the Entry Scheme application form, are here.
For more information regarding the Elite Athlete Program contact: