The Sport Competitions Coordinator is responsible for the management, marketing and delivery of wide range of quality sporting competitions conducted at the University. The role will supervise a team of casual and volunteer umpires and convenors, to ensure appropriate student behaviour and risk management practices for competition programs.
In a typical week at work, the role will:
- Recruit, train and support causal and volunteer umpires and convenors
- Coordinate lunchtime (Campus Sport) and after-hours (Community Sport) competitions including the recruitment of teams, casual umpires, fixturing and delivery
- Provide advice to program stakeholders with regards to program management in areas such as risk management, policies and procedures and relationships with external providers, sourcing information from experts where necessary
- Recommend the annual budget for all relevant competitions, and monitor and report on expenditure against budget and ensure the competitions are managed within budget
Aquatic Services Officers play an important role in creating the professional, public face of MU Sport, and assist in providing an enjoyable and safe recreation experience for all users.
Aquatic Services Instructors work as members of a team providing excellent, responsive and efficient service to all customers. Aquatic Services Instructors will primarily provide focused swimming instruction to members via scheduled appointments during their shift.
Fitness Services Instructors work as members of a team providing excellent, responsive and efficient service to all customers. The Fitness Services Instructor plays an important role in creating the public face of MU Sport.
Student roles - Not currently hiring
- Guest Services
- Marketing and Event casuals